Hi Friends. You can watch this message over Video below. If you prefer, you can read the text version below the Video.
Good evening friends.
Happy New Year everyone. Thank you for stopping by. Tonight’s message is called “Baby Step Resolutions” — I think this gives us a practical and realistic shot of keeping our word.
Firstly, let me share some homework I did today. This is literally pointless information but fun to know. I was curious how many times the term “Happy New Year” would be said today. Here’s what I came up with. There are 6 billion people in the world. Lets say half of them participate in the celebration. Now lets assume each person says “Happy New Year” at least 7 times today. I think thats reasonable average to assume. I myself have said it 60 times already today. Ok, here’s the math. 3 billion people, multiplied by 7 Happy New Year’s each. So today Happy New Year will be said 21 billion times. Like I said, pointless information.
So now lets go the through the Baby Step Resolutions.
1. When things are going well, sometime well is good enough. We don’t have to keep pressing the gas and doubling down.
2. When things are not going well, we have to change something in order for something to change.
3. This year I am going to make an effort to drop; “Should have, would have and could have from my vocabulary.
4. This year, If I did my best, I’m not taking anything personally.
5. If I am feeling kind of lonely, I am going to try to Not isolate. I will call someone or go for a walk, but I am not going to isolate.
6. This a great resolution for anyone to have. Bringing a pet into our homes saves lives. And in return, the pets make our lives better. That’s a win win.
7. I posted this Dr. Harp Seal quote on the platforms today, but I want to pay more attention to this in 2016. Here’s the quote; ” You Can’t have what you Do want. You Can have what you Don’t Want. And somewhere in the middle lies Happiness.” Another words, let go, just be and try to enjoy the ride. Other than ourselves, we are not in control of anything.
8. I would like to go to the gym a minimum of 2 times a week, for a maxim of 30 minutes.
9. I am personally going to try to curb the binge eating. It has to stop.
10. This is a great resolution for any day of the year; “Just because I was like that, Does Not mean I have to stay like that. Each day I get a new chance to do the right thing.
11. I am going to close on 11 because this is my lucky number. If I can have some of the joy that I had in 2015 in 2016, that will be just fine.
Happy New Year friends. God bless all of you. Scott Smith for Sammy & Family.